Best Paper Award
A Best Paper Award will be conferred to the authors based on the quality of the paper and its presentation. The award is given out at the closing ceremony of the conference on June 15.
Student Travel Grants
Under this programme, only students from an IFIP member country may apply for travel grants. Preference will be given to those who would otherwise not have the resources to attend the conference.
Grants will cover travel and lodging expenses, up to a maximum of 750 € per grant: costs in excess of the grant will not be reimbursed. Please note that the conference registration fee will not be covered by the grant.
Applications for grants will be evaluated by a committee consisting of the TC6 chair and the chairs of the TC6 working groups 6.2, 6.3 and 6.8. Grants will be awarded based on the evaluating committee's assessment of the applicant's genuine financial needs, the potential benefit to his/her education, research, and career, and the potential benefit to the conference. The committee may favor those who are (co-)authors of accepted papers to avoid “no shows,” and may decide to make only one award per university.
To apply for a grant, please send the STG Request form jointly a letter to the conference General chair. The student's letter should provide this information.
- The academic status of the student
- Whether the applicant is an author of a paper, and whether the paper is accepted or was submitted to the conference
- How s/he would benefit from attending Networking 2017
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments
- The sought amount
The supervisor's letter should state:
- The applicant's academic standing in the institution
- Discuss why and how the applicant would benefit from attending Networking 2016
- Explain why the applicant is in need of the travel grant
Applications are due on May 12, 2017. Notification to applicants will be given promptly.