1st International Workshop on Time-Sensitive and Deterministic Networking - TENSOR 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IFIP NETWORKING 2020 Organizing Committee has decided that the conference and the workshops will run virtually and physical participation has been cancelled.
TENSOR 2020 is on schedule for 22 June 2020. Information of the virtual platform will be announced soon.
Rates are in Euro (€). All rates include the legal Value Added Tax (VAT) which currently amounts 20% in France.
Workshop Registration Only
|Authors Registration by May 22, 2020|
|Early Registration by June 8, 2020||Late Registration|
|Workshop IFIP/IEEE Member||24||36|
|Workshop NON Member||30||42|
Call for Papers (CFP)
Time-sensitive deterministic communications constitutes an emerging topic with significant interest from industry and various application domains, such as industrial networks, automotive communications, mobile and wireless Networks, and service provider networks. Time-sensitive deterministic communications are expected to provide a solid underpinning that will support modern applications connectivity in multiple and distinct use cases and operational environments. The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers from academia and industry in order to investigate challenging aspects in the area of time-sensitive deterministic communications, as well as identify future research directions for ultra-low latency communications. Open issues and key innovations will be discussed for both network performance and network management related aspects of deterministic communications.
- Emerging standards and advances on IEEE TSN (802.1Qbv, 802.1Qbu, 802.1Qci, etc.)
- Layer 3 deterministic IP networking
- Orchestration and management of software-defined deterministic networks
- Queueing control, scheduling, admission control policies
- Artificial intelligence for deterministic networks
- New key techniques for time-sensitive networking
- Network telemetry & monitoring for IEEE TSN and/or IETF Detnet
- Ultra-reliable low-latency communications for 5G
- SDN applications for high-precision, high-performance networking
- Wireless deterministic connectivity (WiFi6, emerging WSN, etc.)
- Optical network deterministic communications
- Internetworking of IEEE TSN networks with mobile/wireless technologies
- Emerging standards for wired and wireless TSN
- Security aspects of deterministic networking and real-time systems
- Segment routing for deterministic networking
- Time-sensitive network deployment experience
- Time-synchronization and robustness for low-latency TSN
- Network calculus for TSN
Papers should not exceed 6 pages in IEEE format (double-column, 10pt font) and should be submitted through EDAS in PDF, using the following link:
Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for review elsewhere will be considered for publication in the proceedings.
Papers will appear in the conference proceedings and will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present the work in the workshop.
- Paper Submission deadline: March 27, 2020 April 24, 2020 (extended)
- Notification: April 24, 2020 May 8, 2020 (extended)
- Camera Ready: May 7, 2020 May 18, 2020 (extended)
- Workshop date: June 22, 2020
Workshop OC and chairs
- Kostas Katsalis, Huawei (Munich, Germany)
- Panagiotis Papadimitriou (University of Macedonia, Greece)
- Thomas Bauschert (TU Chemnitz, German)
- Daniel Camps (I2CAT, Spain)
- Feng Chen (Siemens AG, Germany)
- David Dai (Futurewai, USA)
- Markus Fidler (Leibniz University Hannover, Germany)
- Marina Gutierrez (TTTECH, Austria)
- George Iosifidis (Trinity College, Ireland)
- Dejan Kostic (KTH, Sweden)
- Christos Liaskos (University of Ioannina, Greece)
- Antonio de la Oliva (UC3M, Spain)
- Salvatore Pontareli (CNIT, Italy)
- Thrasyvoulos Spyropoulos (Eurecom, France)
- Anna Tzanakaki (Bristol, UK)
- Tongtong Wang (Huawei, China)
- Klaus Wehrle (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
- Hung-Yu Wei (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
- Jim Zou (ADVA, Germany)