IFIP Networking 2018 Author Instructions
General guidelines for the final manuscript
- Follow the IEEE two-column page format, which is available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- The final manuscript is limited to 9 pages in PDF format
- Footers shall follow the IEEE format specifications as their template does use them, but do NOT put page numbers on the final PDF manuscript.
- Include the IFIP copyright notice on the first page, especially at the bottom of the first column as "ISBN 978-3-903176-08-9 © 2018 IFIP"
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check Xplore-compatibility, the IFIP Networking 2018 account uses as the conference ID: 43780X.
- Complete the IFIP copyright form (available here) with your paper details and your signature
- Upload to EDAS the final versions of (a) the paper's final PDF, (b) the signed and scanned PDF of the IFIP copyright form, (c) the zip file of all paper sources and its pictures as JPG or EPS, and (d) the IEEE PDF eXpress compliance document (PDF itself).
IFIP Networking 2018 Invitation Letter
Paper authors or accepted papers and posters can ask for an invitation letter, which may be needed depending on the presenting author's nationality. Please check the current set of details with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA at https://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/entry-switzerland-residence/visa-requirements-application-form.html.
EDAS Paper Number:
Date of Birth:
Full Postal Address:
Attach a PDF copy of the registration and payment confirmation from EDAS.
Note that only fully completed requests wrt those data listed above will be responded to.
Student poster/demo paper submission (closed)
Poster/demo papers must fit in two pages and follow the standard IEEE two-column format with 10-point fonts. All poster/demo paper submissions must be written in English. The title of the paper must begin with either "Poster:" or "Demo:". Optionally, a poster paper submission can also include a link to the electronic copy of the poster. Authors of the demo papers are strongly encouraged to include a link to a short video presenting their prototype. Electronic copies of posters and demo videos shall be hosted by a third-party cloud storage or streaming service (e.g., Dropbox, Wetransfer, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), so as to ensure the anonymity of reviewers.
Paper submission (closed)
Submitted papers should be written in the English language, with a maximum length limit of 9 printed pages (IEEE two-column format, 10pt), including all the figures, references, and appendices. Papers longer than 9 pages will not be reviewed. All papers must be submitted in the Portable Document Format (PDF) electronically using EDAS. When submitting the paper, the title, all co-authors, and a concise abstract of up to 200 words should be provided to EDAS as the metadata of the paper. The metadata should be provided before the abstract registration deadline.
Paper templates in IEEE format can be found here.
All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and relevance through single-blind peer review. Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for review elsewhere will be considered.
An author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC co-chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter before the conference. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final correctly formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IFIP Digital Library and submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
To ensure appropriate consideration of conflicts of interest during the review process, changes to the list of authors are prohibited once a paper has been submitted for review. Should a paper be accepted, the complete list of authors, including the ordering of authors, must remain identical as the EDAS metadata in the final camera-ready manuscript.