CALL FOR WORKSHOPS PROPOSALS
IFIP Networking 2022, hosted by the University of Catania in Sicily, Italy, is soliciting proposals for one-
day workshops, to be held on 13 June 2022 during the conference week. Accepted papers will be
published in the IFIP Digital Library as open access and submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
The main purpose of the IFIP Networking 2022 Workshops is to provide fora for research,
development, integration, standards, service provisioning, and user communities addressing timely
topics relevant to the main conference. Workshops can take different styles, for example, targeting
students, specializing on a scientific topic area, or fostering interaction between academia and
industry. We encourage fresh topics and workshop styles.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Each workshop proposal, in a single PDF file, must include:
1. Title of the workshop and abbreviation.
2. Names, affiliations, e-mail addresses, and a short (200 words) bio of the co-chairs and possibly
other main organizers.
3. A brief description (max. 1 page) of the technical issues addressed by the workshop. State
reasons why and how the workshop would attract the IFIP Networking 2022 audience.
4. Technical Program Committee (TPC), indicating which of the TPC members already accepted
and which are tentative.
5. The planned format of the workshop (including other elements besides technical sessions are
foreseen) and how to facilitate lively and interactive discussions. The format should also have
a fallback plan in case IFIP Networking 2022 should go virtual.
6. If applicable, a description of the past events of the workshop, including website address, and
statistics of submitted/accepted papers and attendee numbers. If the workshop does not have
past editions, please provide estimates and explain a strategy on how to reach the targets of
paper submissions and attendees.
7. Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
8. A draft of 1-page “Call for Papers (CFP)” including title, description, topics and important dates
(see also the tentative important dates below).
Submission of workshop proposals should be made to the Workshop Chairs of IFIP Networking 2022
2022 Workshop Proposal”.
Selection of workshops will be made by the Workshop Chairs, in consultation with the Conference
• Workshop proposal submission: 10 January 2022 15 January 2022
• Workshop acceptance notification: 17 January 2022
• Workshop call for papers due: 24 January 2022
Tentative Workshop Schedule
• Paper submission: 21 March 2022
• Paper acceptance notification: 25 April 2022
• Camera ready: 2 May 2022
• Workshop date: 13 June 2022